View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
fruithead

Default anyone else a little disappointed with their recent adventure game choices?

So, I'm going out on a limb because I might be putting down some games very near and dear to some of you but lately I'm disappointed with adventure games. The last few I've picked up have been a little dry and dull.

Examples, you ask: N.I.B.I.R.U., Moment of Silence and Secret of Atlantis. These are all games I've purchased in the the last few months and haven't finished a single one. Normally I hate insulting adventure games since I can appreciate how much of a feat it is to even make one and these are well made games but they just don't have that something adventure games used to have. We need a new Gabriel Knight, Grim Fandango of Longest Journey--games that were just so good you couldn't step away from your computer.

(I must admit my purchases haven't been all bad, for all their faults, I bought and enjoyed Secret Files and Broken Sword 4)

Am I the only one feeling a little disillusioned lately? I'm just really hoping the next crop of games (Vampyre Story, Gray Matter, Culpa Innata) turn out to be better.