Thread: where to start?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #10
MikaelS
King Silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruithead View Post
I'd love to create a computer game. I'm a writer and have a few adventure game stories I'd love to see come to life. I know an artist I could employ too. Problem is, I'm no programmer. Isn't this the biggest hurdle? I can plan out the perfect game I want but how does someone with limit skills in the computer sciences department see their game come to fruition?
Read my post again. I myself had zero experience in computer science really and scripting. These game-engines you make the game with does most of the scripting, you just need to add some basic scripts which everyone can learn through tutorials et cetera. Once you get hang on it, you'll realize how it works just by using logic ( hey, that's kinda like PLAYING an AG...or something). And more popular engines have big communities, on which forums you can ask questions and help should you get stuck.

I am not the smartest person on earth, I was always an average student, I'm not a good reader and I'm horrible at math, but I still learned this, and didn't even have too much trouble. Motivation and inspiration plays key here.

I feel writing this game, designing puzzles, drawing graphics and characters...this all combined is such a terrific way to express yourself and put your imagination on true fruition. What a better way to tell a story than an adventure game? Good luck everyone!