View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #24755
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

A Messenger Pigeon.

There's more. A "non-living enclosure" is a fence.

A "people separating complex" is a turnstile.

A "biosensor" is a police dog.

"Spontaneous Vegetation" is weeds.

"Roughage consuming large animal unit" is a cow.

"Demand controlled pedestrian ford" is a traffic light.

And the one that really cracks me up is "Life authorisation certificate" (though in German it rather sounds like "Life entitlement certificate") is a register.

This is all authentic (though of course, now translated to English) bureocratic German. It makes you wonder if those bureocrats don't have too much time on their hands or want to intentionally confuse normal people. And apparently, sometimes it confuses the bureocrats themselves.

Keck, they've even found another word for "Tree"! It's "Space overshadowing large greenery" (This is a very awkward translation. In German version is "Raumübergreifendes Großgrün". Or as most *normal* people call it, "Baum".).

Then there's some nice rules, like that Wifes that shoot their husbands cannot make claims to get a Widow's retirement. I guess they will have to kill their husband's some other way, then.

Or a protocol of the Ministry of Economy: Export regulations are explanations of explanations with which an explanation is explained.

One of the instruction leaflets for the Bundeswehr administration apparently states this: Death is, in concern to accomodation and pension, is considered the strongest Form of disablement.

Well, I'm glad I won't have to serve in the military any longer, once I'm dead.

Though with my luck, I'd probably have to send them an attestation that I really *am* dead.

I guess I can be glad that, as a girl, I don't necessarily *have* to serve in the military, then.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!