View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 05:35 AM   #16
andii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
The cinema puzzle with all its parts (rubber duck, "do the monkey") would be fine for a comedy adventure like DOTT where logic works in different ways, but not for such a serious title.
A comedy adventure does not have the excuse for including pointless irrelevant puzzles, even under the wacky-zany banner. This is one of the reasons I did not like Sam and Max. In DOTT the puzzles had a point and tied in with the story. They were also logical and consistent with the game's framework. Same with Monkey island. DOTT and MI managed to be both logical and zany. Sam and Max was just arbitary wackiness.

Beacon, I've heard so many good things about Deus Ex, I'll have to take a look. Oblivion is another game I'm thinking about, if the RPG is not too full on. I loved stalker and many people said stalker had elements of oblivion and deus ex in it...

Top article Squinky, I would love to see a game where your actions actually have consequences.

I am tempted to play Mysterious Island I did like the book. IIRC it had allot of inventory puzzles. Are they logical?

I'm not sure if I can stomach FMV games anymore. But hey, I might be surprised.