View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #413
maladroid
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

An enjoyable conclusion to the series, featuring an interesting attempt by the designers to include both the fairy-tale elements that gave Sands of Time its charm and the aggressive attitude which defined Warrior Within. The later is still my favourite one of the trilogy, though, I found its storyline the most intriguing and I think the fact that your greatest enemy is, in fact, "time" incarnate was rather fitting for the game.

3.5/5

On a sidenote, I also thought Two Thrones ended a bit too abruptly, 'cause I had previously seen the trailer featured on Play.com and it came as a surprise that almost none of the footage seen there is included in the final game. Does anyone know what's up with that? Is it possible to unlock these videos in the menu by completing the game on a Hard setting or after collecting all aditional life power-ups (similar to the alternative ending of Warrior Within)? I did neither of those things (had it set to Normal) but still, the trailer appears to be practically telling a different story.. Seems more like an early version of the game with the prince's outfit looking similar to the one he was wearing during Warrior Within, but that's just me speculating. I also noticed his voice sounds a bit different in that trailer - maybe the same with Warrior Within?

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora