View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #35
Boblebad

How can i forget how the magic all begun?

My dad worked as a computer technician for a steel mill back in the early days and through his job he had access to PC's before they became common. (IIRC we had a PC at home as early as 1983-1984). Anyway, one day he came home with a brand new type of game, Larry Laffer in the Land of the Lounge Lizards. This was brand new, you could not only control the actions of your character, you could actually TELL him what to do, what to say, what to ask and so on.

I remember driving my mother nuts asking her to translate everything for me, as as an 8-year old (playing an 18y+ game, lol), my vocabulary was naturally rather limited. At one point she apparently had enough and gave me a dictionary. I learned alot of english playing those games.

Later on, as the LSL-series grew, along with other Sierra On-Line games, my dad and I always had a kind of competition to complete the games first. With no internet back then, hints were not easily obtained (unless you went and bought a hintbook). Good times, I really miss those.

Last edited by Boblebad; 09-09-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Spelling