View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 03:49 AM   #8
Jacques l'aliéné
Flatulent Philanthropist

Good information. Thanks. I haven't played some of these yet, but, if possible, I'd like to know a bit more about the reasons behind a few that have been mentioned so far. So, forgive me if my questions aren't always on the mark. I'll try to be objective too and try not to show my opinion of a particular game (most of the time).

Certainly include Myst games. I don't want them excluded. Are some of its puzzles what, perhaps, the majority of experienced Adventure gamers would see as a little too difficult? For the majority of clued in Adventurers, would you say that resorting to hints, or walkthrough, would be very likely? I thought Riven was bordering on too tough in parts for the 'average' experienced Adventurer. But that's Riven and just my opinion of course. Dreamfall - Do you think it loses points on puzzles being on the easy side, possibly not enough of them and on having unresolved - loose ends - plot elements, or is that reasonable taking into consideration any future sequel? HSE is a very interesting choice, as it was/is reasonably priced and independent. So, not big-budget. Thanks for that one. What about MDNA's other releases?

Black Mirror and N.I.B.I.R.U. - Thanks for those. Interesting, your comparison with atmosphere of BS games. On BM, did you think it's strongest point was story ? Weakest point it's finale ? I'd be interested to know ? N.I.B.I.R.U. - Would you say that the 'appropriateness' of the accents and voice acting were as good as they could be? If not, did they make any difference to your enjoyment of the overall Adventure?

Sam & Max. Would you say that it's only significant detracting feature is shortish game length (something I've heard mention), or, considering its price, is it value for money ? Am I right in saying that it's not particularly long ? Are it's puzzles (difficulty level and originality), and story merit-worthy of consideration amongst the very best ?

TLJ just misses out by its 1999 release I'm afraid.

Syberia - The choice of many I would guess. I know some didn't like it though. Would it lose points anywhere ? Puzzle difficulty ? Linearity? More linear than most ? Lack of interactivity ? Too few characters ? Atmosphere excellent/vibrant/too static?

TekPunk182 .... "Too dated" ? Try them. Believe me. You're missing out big time.

Thanks everyone. This is very useful information.