View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #2848
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Spider-Man 3, not a comic fan, so I have no idea how true they were to the characters. Although Stan Lee, co-creator, didn't seem to mind, nice to see his cameo, used to them in Kevin Smith movies, more than Sam Raimi films. I'm a fan of Raimi, Franco, Dallas Howard, and Grace from other projects so I it's predictable that I liked this movie more than the others. It's long but it's a bit fast and loose on the villains, Venom in particular, something I liked about the previous films was the long villain focused buildups. Other than that, the effects are impressive, emotionally expressive (hope that doesn't make you puke), and the story's cute and warm.

Knocked Up, watched all of Judd Apatow's Freaks and Geeks (stars James Franco), Undeclared, 40 Year Old Virgin, and I can't get enough of the witty, honest, silly, and sometimes wickedly sarcastic humour that you don't get anywhere else. Seth Rogen really stepped up to the plate for this one, having never been in a role as demanding, or like this before, plays the role very well. Paul Rudd, is the man. I don't watch Grey's Anatomy, but I might start watching it now, Katherine Heigl was unbelievably believable (muahahahaha). Most enjoyable film this year so far for me.