View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 05:44 AM   #24
Steve Ince
Writer-Designer

Having just returned home from Leipzig, I must say that I haven't been so excited by forthcoming adventure games for a long time and feel more optimistic for the genre than I expected to be.

From my own perspective, So Blonde was really well received and everyone involved has a good feeling about the game.

In a wider perspective, it was so cool to see other games getting some excellent attention too, as well as seeing a little of each of these games for myself. Mata Hari, Gray Matter, Overclocked, Momento Mori, Culpa Innata, as well as plenty of others, including DS versions of Ankh and Operation Undercover.

And meeting up with other creatives - Hal, Noah, Martin, Burak, Laura, Jörg, Fabien, etc., who were all incredibly friendly and wonderful people - was very inspirational.

And I'm full of admiration for the journalists who put up with my tangential ramblings during interviews, of which there were many.

It was good, too, to meet some of the people from the gaming websites who have helped keep the genre alive through some very tricky times.

I believe we have a lot to thank the German Developers and publishers for and the European adventure community as a whole.