View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 09:12 AM   #33
Orthias

I expected to like this game, but so far it's been nothing else but frustration with it. I have the same sound problem that was mentioned above - the sound balance is being shifted by the game all the way to the left. Problem is, the game doesn't even allow me to alt-tab so i can manually correct the issue.

It's a pity, for all the effort and talent that probably went into the game, to have people not even get into it because they get to frustrated in the first 10 minutes trying to figure out what's wrong with the sound and not being able to fix it.

I run winxp pro with the latest updates, my sound card is a Creative Audigy 2 sound blaster with the latest drivers and it has never caused me any troubles in any game ever ( i have it for a good amount of time now and i have played many many games).

Here's to hoping you fix the issue soon, as for the game, i can't tell you anything about it, i am not going to play it with only 1 of my headphone speakers on, it's frustrating.

EDIT: it's not switching only to the left, sometimes to the right too.
Workaround i thought of 3 seconds after i posted this: the game seems to only mess with the WAVE balance, so if , before i start the game, i shift the Playback balance half-way to the opposite side and increase the volume by 50% the problem is "solved".
You should still try to fix it though.

Last edited by Orthias; 08-21-2007 at 09:20 AM.