View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 09:40 AM   #8
Ender
Witty Comment Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
The average Windows user doesn't know - or is afraid of - the word "binary distribution". I'd suggest putting a link that says "Download latest Windows Version of ScummVM", and a small "other" -link that would point to the other files. *slightly kidding*
*points to the page*
But for the past two days it states quite clearly "Download the latest STABLE release of ScummVM below", followed a few lines later by "Windows Installer"... Which is the first download link.

But putting at the top, adding a blurb explaning (with the big word 'STABLE' in capitals to prevent confusion with the development stuff which is now at the bottom of the page).... all this seems to have just increased the number of people who can't find the file. *crys*

It's driving me nuts. I just want somebody who couldn't find it to tell me why. I'm sure there is a reason, but I just really don't see how people can miss it.

Oh, and although I know you were (slightly?) kidding, as for the 'other' thing... everybody should keep in mind that there are really only two Windows people active on the ScummVM team. Everybody else runs Linux or SOME kind of unix...

So for the majority of the team, 'Windows' is the other