View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #2811
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak View Post
How do you mean, exactly? I thought the narration was essential for the movie.
It was the implementation mostly that I disliked. The film would suddenly go silent, there would be a pause, then the narrator would say his piece, and the film would continue. Perhaps because I wasn't listening to the speech, and only paying attention to the ambient noises and music, that I noticed their absence more, but I just found it annoying. It seemed to break up the continuity, and I felt it could have been integrated better. Also, some parts of the narration seemed a little lengthy, due to the inclusion of unnecessary information.
Spoiler:
e.g. the part about the car crash that happened two years prior and the dead chickens etc.

It's not that I'm fundamentally against narration or anything, and I agree that a lot of details pertinent to the story were revealed in it, I just felt it could have been done better in this instance.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena