View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 12:42 PM   #352
Boblebad

Most annoying puzzle? Hmmm... where do I begin? I played most of my adventuregames before there was an internet to consult, hintbooks were only sold in stores in cities several hours from my town. On a rare occation, some games were featured in magazines with some hints here and there. Needless to say, if I was stuck in a game... I was STUCK!

Which way is the topic headed? Most annoying puzzle to figure out? Or most annoying to complete?

For the first. Gabriel Knight 1 - All those voodoo-markings had me at a loss for a long time. It was really hard to figure out what to write, let alone form the correct sentences. Also, same thing near the end where you had to use the drums in order to send out a message to get Dr. John to leave his quarters.

The ancient KQ, SQ, PQ games were also frustrating at times, as the game didn't pause when you typed what to do. Leaving you with a very short time-limit to make your futile attempts at trying something at the top of your head. (Remember Al Lowe's words of wisdom: Save often, save early)

For the latter? Hardest to complete? Log-scene from Larry 3 anyone?