View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:32 PM   #1409
Squinky
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Dear AG Community Blog,

It's been quite a while since I wrote to you at length; the fact that the entries inside of you seem to have gotten shorter and more mundane seems to have contributed to such a fact. But then, it's my fault too; I've been lazy, and I don't think anyone really cares what I write in here. (And those who would, well, they usually chat with me outside these forums, anyway.)

So, I read the first post I made in this thread, almost a year ago, and this part in particular struck me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
I think I've forgotten how to have close friends.
It made me feel sad. I remember all too well how that felt, and it was painfully alienating. I mean, sure, during the day, I got to work at this company I loved and really believed in, but then I'd go home and I'd have no one to talk to about it afterwards. But then, so soon after, I did make the close friends I sought; one appeared seemingly out of nowhere and became one of the very rare people I almost instantly just clicked with perfectly, and others just crept up gradually -- not nearly as strong as the one, but still valuable in and of themselves.

Today, it's the opposite: I have the friends, but I miss the job. It sucks, but it's actually not nearly as bad, to be honest. I just have to remember that.

Okay, enough sap. Bye now.

Exes and ohs,
Squaaaaanky