View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #12
ginmartini

Glad to see that there are a lot of people out there who enjoyed it, and yes, it does get a little bit more challenging as you go along. The logic is still rather funky since you're having to accept the Sam and Max universe in order to figure things out, but my biggest problem is this:

Your daily routine tells you exactly what you have to do.

I might not have been able to figure out the "solutions" to the puzzles if it weren't for the fact that they were given to me at the beginning of the day. In retrospect, I probably would never have connected most of my inventory to what the answer eventually was, but since it was the only thing given to me, it wasn't that hard (your inventory only contains maybe 4-5 items on average.). I felt like I began each day having absolutely no idea what was needed to do, but since Bosco had invented such and such and Sybil had started a new job, you knew the answers were there.

"Hit the Road" was much more successful in that you weren't contained in solving one puzzle at a time, things carried over an entire game, as opposed to each "episode." A lot of the game is, "You are stuck in this room. The answer is only in this room. Once you're done with this room, we'll move you on to the next room. Repeat." I think what makes DOTT so fun is its expansion over other time zones which makes things even more challenging and therefore, fun!

Your Mileage May Vary. I do love the graphics and the effort put into the game though.