View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 12:09 AM   #6
QFG

Ok... taking a break for a while. More impressions:

First, Kaspar's name is mispelled Caspar in some of the dialog. Small point, but worth noting.

The weird keening melody that plays on the sheriff/Otto screen can quickly become VERY annoying.

I miss games where if you "look" at any misc. item on the screen that looks intriguing, you often would get a funny (or at least detailed) description of said item. This game has a ton of those little details.

I also miss Sierra's (occasionally) hilarious deaths - like when I tried to "pick" my nose. Whoops!

A flaw: it's ridiculous how quickly you can get some stats to max out; I had Sneak up to 100 after maybe five minutes of simply sneaking around in broad daylight in front of people. I had throwing up to 60something from just playing The Chief in darts. I had magic above 50 within five minutes of playing. Etc. Is there any sure way to increase Luck?

Which reminds me: my Thief is also a hybrid Magic User - which once got me in trouble in game #3 when I had imported straight from #1, and didn't have any of the spells from #2, which are needed in the duel near the end.

Ok, I'm going back to the game in a minute or two... more later!