Thread: Japanese "RPG"
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #66
kndy

Right now I am playing AR Tonelico form NIS America on the PS2 and I love it! Awesome games and similar to Atlus-based games, get it if you can find it. But unfortunately for some NIS America and Atlus games...they are expensive to get now. I purchased the "Digital Devil Saga 1" box set at Toy's R Us in Winter 2005 for $9.99 and now people are selling it pretty expensive. "Nocturne"...I can't believe people are selling for $100...should have picked that one up when I had the chance.

This week was supposed to be my "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3" week but it has been delayed until next week.

Anyway, as for Japanese RPG's, I pretty much buy a lot of them and if you are talking mainly what's on today's current gen and next gen consoles, aside from "Final Fantasy" games, here is what I recommend:

PS2: "Ar Tonelico", "Makai Kingdom", "Disgaea", "Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga", "Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne", "Dragon Quest", "Arc the Lad", "Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant"....too many to list! I enjoyed "Suikoden III".
GBA: "Summoner's Night 1 and 2"
PSP: Still playing "Riviera", "Popolocrois" and Tales, "Monster Kingdom" etc. but I'll reserve judgement on PSP games.

Awaiting the upcoming games for the XBOX 360...

kndy
DS: Currently playing "Etrian Odyssey"...will reserve judgement on this.