View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #25
fov
Rattenmonster

Loved it. I was turning pages the whole time... the parts others have said felt long (like the stuff in the woods) didn't drag at all for me. I thought the section with the Pensive and Harry dealing with the realization that he has to die was extremely well done. Also Dobby's death was poignant, and the part where Harry visits his parents' grave. I like the sad stuff.

I didn't like the epilogue and would have preferred the book to end on the last chapter instead. Also I didn't see why she needed to kill off Lupin and Tonks, but since she did, Harry should have raised their kid (like Sirius said he would have raised Harry if he hadn't been locked up in Azkaban). Teddy is referred to in the epliogue but only briefly, and I think there was a missed opportunity there for things to come full circle.

Also I'm glad that the mirror from book 5 came back in and had a point (it was my biggest frustration with Order of the Phoenix) but I'm disappointed that Sirius was really dead. I wanted him to come back so Harry would have a family... the fact that he didn't would have made a Harry / Teddy family that much more resonant.

Also I agree with whoever said that Order of the Phoenix was the worst book but one of the best movies. I thought they did an excellent job of stripping out the rambly parts and tightening up the story.