View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #41
Starflux
A Servicable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
I read Murder on the Orient Express that way. The first bits seemed a bit dry. Unfortunately, after I found out that there was a big lemon pie in the cupboard, (big surprise there. Not.) I had no particular motivation to read the preceding chapters. So it backfired.
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. It does not do, sir, to post SPOILERS in a thread discussing the damage SPOILERS do to ones enjoyment of a tale! I care not how old this tale is, if it hinges on an element of surprise, then it should be put in SPOILER tags. You are a buffoon, sir!

Now that I've stated this, you will already know how I feel. I greatly value not knowing what happens in my entertainment before it happens. Of course you can enjoy a movie in a different way if you already know what happens, but it is an ALTERNATIVE way. Spoiling it robs me of one of the ways, whereas in the case of good movies or books I look forward to enjoying it in both ways.

Spoiling should never be done haphazardly just because you cling to the notion that it doesn't hurt your enjoyment. Other people think otherwise, and it is common decency to respect their feelings towards it and be cautious when handling such delicate matters.

Last edited by Starflux; 07-24-2007 at 10:41 AM.