View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
Lucien21
Psychonaut

I thought it was ok. Certainly better than 5 and 6 books which were over bloated.

She gainly tries to tie up all the loose ends and mostly succeeds, but there is alwasys going to be some characters that lose out in the summing up.

The epilogue ending was far too sugary for my tastes and felt tacked on. They should have had Harry/Ginny kiss right at the end of the book instead of just showing them married 19 years later.

I still think she doesn't write death scenes well. They are always emotionless and more like passing comments. I nearly missed Lupin and Tonks dying in the battle at the end.

I also felt sligtly gipped that she promised some major deaths in this one and failed to produce them. After Dumbledore in the last one I was expecting at least Hagrid to die or Hermionie.

What we got was Hedwig, Mad-eye, Snape, Lupin, Tonks, A load of small characters like Colin and crabbe, One of the Twins (Fred) and of course Voldemort. I got the impression that she toyed with killing both Harry and Hermionie, but chickened out.

So when does Harry Potter: The Next Generation come out.