View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #20
Thaurin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Well, considering that this is a site devoted solely to adventure games, it stands to reason that we would cover a lot more of the games in that genre than IGN and Kotaku. If we only concentrated on what the more general video game sites covered, we'd be doing adventure game players a disservice, I believe.

Most of the people who visit Adventure Gamers also have a much different criteria for assessing whether a game is worth their consideration (such as gameplay, storyline, interface, etc.) rather than on what site it appears.
I had to quote this and say that this is exactly why I'm glad that I found this site. I see reviews for games here and sites like Quandary or Four Fat Chicks and they look at adventure games totally different from general game sites like IGN and GameSpot. If you want good advise on anything, go to someone who knows what he's talking about. The more specific the better. Also, I've got to know so many games that I had never heard or read about by just going through the reviews and forum posts here. Such a value.