View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 01:05 PM   #7
Dervish
Multi-dimensional avatar

Bumstead: I agree that LEC can be anal, but look at the 256 color re-make of Zak McCracken, or the ZMC sequels. Unless something happened that I didn't hear about, the creators were able to create and distribute these unhindered (although understandably, they only release the 256 version as a modification patch which requires the original game, which they do not provide to you).

TheSeed: That is proper, yes. Try all the drafts on every object, and you may find some interesting results. Try expert mode only if you have no problem distinguishing notes. Each time you receive a new draft from an object, try it out to see if it works (Bobbin will say "hmm, I guess that isn't a draft" if it truly is not a draft, if you try a draft you haven't been introduced to yet, he will say he didn't do it quite right). Sometimes you'll receive drafts that are one note too high, but you should be able to figure it out nonetheless.

Are you using the CD version? The voice acting is quite decent (name one CD-ROM game of that time period that surpassed the theatrical effect), and the music is extraordinary.

It's a very simple, easy to finish game, but I enjoy playing it every few months to one year, nonetheless.

EDIT: OK, so Zak 256 was something LEC made for a Japanese console, apparently. But fans still made a sequel!

Last edited by Dervish; 03-14-2004 at 01:33 PM.