View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 05:47 AM   #17
samIamsad
capsized.

I don't think Squinky's looking into something as black and white as that. Aside from the fact that "good" and "evil" are ultimately a matter of perspective: i.e. prescripted paths that scream EVIL!/GOOD! from the get-go or something. Bioware games usually work like this, and admittedly it fitted their "Star Wars" game rather well, as far as the source material and staying true to that are concernded. Surprise, surprise.

I was also reminded of this. Anybody owning this biggest commercial make_your_own_adventure kit released in the last couple of years can give it a shot as it's only about 800 kbs in size and pretty much worth playing. The plot has it that it pits you into various quite delicate situations and forces you to make moral choices that aren't clear cut evil™/good™ along the way. Such as a mother desperately begging you to find a cure for her daughter who was bitten by a vampire. You soon find out that there's ultimately only two options: Killing her, seperating mom and daughter forever by doing so and preventing her from turning into a vampire or letting her "live" and... OMG the dillema! What do you do now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky
I suppose, then, that I don't really write adventure games so much as I write cheesy, low-budget interactive cartoons.
No, you're making Squinky Games, meaning that you're toying around with ideas of your own without following some arbitrary, self-imposed rules of sorts, and that's a hell of a lot better than making Adventure Games (capital A, capital G) in my book.

Last edited by samIamsad; 07-03-2007 at 05:54 AM.