View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 03:43 AM   #25
Fien
Senior *female* member

I can think of a few stupid puzzles, but yesterday's stupid puzzle beats them all.

The Island of Lost Souls in Spellcasting 101: you cast the spell KABBUL on inanimate objects to restore their lost soul. But you have to use the name of that unknown person for it to work. If you wait long enough, a nymph will appear and ask you if you've seen William or Wolfgang, etcetera. Now you have a name. So you type "KABBUL William" and presto! the will in the safe or the carnivore in the woods change back into their original human form.

Great fun. Once or twice. But you have to restore 80 souls, yes 80 as in EIGHTY. In nine or ten different locations.

> wait
Time passes...
> wait
Time passes...
A nymph appears: "Have you seen Noel?"
>KABBUL Noel

and so on, and on and on and on... at one point I thought, there's got to be a trick, some masterstroke where you can KABBUL the entire f...ing population at the same time, but if there is I haven't found it.

I'm still fuming. And Steve Meretzky is still laughing.

PS: To top it off, Mr. Meretzky felt it would be great fun to bore his players during the waiting to tears by repeating the same reply over and over again.

>examine will
If you've seen one will, you've seen them all
>examine horse
If you've seen one horse, you've seen them all

GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

>LUBBAK Steve Meretzky!

Last edited by Fien; 06-25-2007 at 03:57 AM.