View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 05:04 PM   #16
Zack

Default Male or Female? It doesn't really matter.

In my opinion, I really don't mind whether or not I play a male or female hero. I just like seeing a good story in adventure games, and I want the hero to be a likable character. However, April Ryan (The Longest Journey) and Kate Walker (Syberia) are the two best adventure game female heroes ever, mainly because they're just so real. They act like normal people who are both forced to go on an incredible journey. I've also been partial to George Stobbard instead of Gabriel Knight, because he and I are both from California. I also love playing Tex Murphy games, and I keep wondering if he and Chris Jones will ever come back.

Now, this is going to be a bit off-topic, but the only female character I've really loved playing is not the star of an adventure game, but an action game instead. That female character is Cate Archer from the No One Lives Forever games. I just found it so refreshing to actually play a female action hero who knows how to take care of herself, and is at the same time, gorgeous!