View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #38
CrimsonBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
You don't exactly sound like someone who "likes LOST just as much as the next person" here. Like chapter11, I've never had troubles following its "confusing" plot, and it never seemed to me any more nonsensical than other high-concept fantasy/surreal shows. And just FYI, the writers have been claiming that they know how the story ends since the beginning of season 2 at least.
Hmmm, I was so sure that I've read somewhere they've said they didn't know how to end it yet, so they felt they had to set a date for the ending. Ah well, if I'm wrong that's great.

That said, I hope the explanation is more than just some supernatural beings or something. The whole idea of the series is to make us think there's a rational explanation for all that's happening. If that goes away, then the point of LOST is, well, lost. The whole story will have no impact whatsoever, if that's the case. It'll be just another sci-fi/fantasy story. I really hope it doesn't end up being that.

Ah well, we'll see more of LOST next year (early 2008 supposedly) here in Norway. Felt like a really short season. I hate waiting that long.

ATMachine: Well, is it worth talking down on Ron just to put a few so-called worshippers in their place? I mean, it's possible to believe that he's had the story for the third game all along in his head without worshiping him as a god. It's seems your just trying to play ying and yang here, just trying to balance things out for the sake of it. How does saying "Ron is just lying" help your case? You only make Ron sound bad, while pissing off the very few overly enthusiastic fanboys (which I'm not, I just happen to believe what he says).

I just think that the MI2 ending is not even remotely like an open ending. It's a cliff-hanger ending. If you've seen all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, compare the endings on the second movie to the third movie.

Open endings isn't used as an excuse to abruptly end games/movies. It contains closure, while at the same time opens up for a new game/movie. MI2 wasn't like that. It wasn't closure at all. Cliff-hanger endings are meant to tell people there's going to be a sequel, and that's exactly what MI2 did. If the end was meant as a closure, there'd be more explanation, or it would be the equivelent of the infamous "Congratulations, you completed the game!" endings.