View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 06:41 AM   #7
After a brisk nap
Elegantly copy+pasted

When adventure game developers and publishers think madness, they (more often than not) think H.P. Lovecraft (cf. octopus-headed statue). Though I have to say, this online Flash game series, created by Sarbakan and hosted by Warner Bros., raises questions about their own sanity.

Why does a game whose greatest asset is beautiful, Broken Sword-esque graphics use brutal JPEG-compression on the backgrounds? Why is the gameplay full of annoying trial-and-error puzzles involving switches, crates, sliders, mazes, and other player "favorites"? Why is there a "time limit" based on the number of clicks, when there isn't even a hotspot indication? Why is Warner Bros. hosting only the second season, rendering the story nearly incomprehensible? (Earlier episodes can be found around the web, if you want to start from the beginning. I found the first one here.) Why is Warner Bros. even hosting the game at all?

Nobody can answer these questions, and I fear that pondering them too deeply will drive you, well... mad.

Last edited by After a brisk nap; 06-21-2007 at 06:51 AM.