View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 02:09 AM   #13
Stroggy

Slightly off topic, I remember playing the Journeyman Project 3 demo a long time ago (before the game was released), I had great fun with it. I remember the demo being set in Atlantis and that you had to trick a potter to leave his workshop by impersonating his sister (or was it someone else?). I've been looking for the game ever since as it was never released here in Belgium (and I would like to buy it in a store, I don't like buying things on amazon or - even worse - eBay).

I must say both Myst III and IV had excellent actor integration (Myst IV even allowed you to look around while the actor was on the screen, all without it ever appearing that the actor was in the least bit superimposed)

I really disliked Myst V, it was pretty but I never got into the game. Myst V was too much like the original Myst and Riven in that you had no idea why you were there and everything you did know was needlessly cryptic, it would have been much better if it had been more like Myst III and IV where you at least understood the framework story. Myst V also - sadly - used 3D models instead of actors. Now with all the promises that they were using special technology and actual actors mixed with 3D models or something of the sort, the characters still looked like rather dated models with some average textures.