View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #7
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacog View Post
Well I was playing Command & Conquer online a few evenings ago. My opponent asked where I was from, and then said 'you have internet in south africa?'

Gosh yes, and electricity and plumbing and freaking McDonalds.

A friend of mine from South Africa, once told me that for some reason, when he says that he is from South Africa, people ask him things like "You must have seen a lion/Giraffe/Elephant/random African animal then". The thing that annoys him is not that they are asking that specifically, but that they are asking it in a way that suggests they think all people in South Afric live somewhere in the Savannah. He has seen wild animals when visiting parks, but he lived in a city before moving to Germany, so they weren't a daily sight. I know I would find questions like that annoying as hell too.

My mother once sat in a plane beside some American woman visiting Europe for the first time, who seemed to be convinced she was travelling into the darkest middle ages with horse drawn carriages instead of cars, without plumbing and electricity.

As for delusions about Germany specifically...Sam already mentioned that.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!