View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #113
CrimsonBlue

Back in the day, adventure gaming was interactive stories to me. I mean, I loved the puzzles, and they were a huge part of me liking it (as I've always loved using my brain once in a while) - but the stories were important too. And humour, of course.

I remember feeling really really bad, when I read about the death of a colleague's daughter in Police Quest, and the scene in Police Quest III really tore my heart too. And those were comedy games (well, the first two were, PQIII was a bit more serious).

Ever since I discovered the adventure game genre, stories have always been a big part of my preferences of games. I just don't have the patience to read books, so I depend on story driven games and movies to get my fix. This is why I love Final Fantasy. KOTOR was great too, though the story was a bit soulless to me. I prefer Metal Gear Solid over Splinter Cell, 'cause we all know MGS crushes SC on the story-part - if you can call what SC has stories.

So, stories. Action games have them. RPGs have them. Some more involving than others. Final Fantasy has some of the most involving story-lines I've ever experienced. In short, I think if the RPG and the adventure game made love, they'd get Final Fantasy - or jrpgs in general.