View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #1192
bulldog
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw
Sounds to me like they want you to cough up a terribly large percentage and buy-in while keeping you obliged for all the liability. I would get in touch with local officials about what sort of documentation, license, and insurance is needed and also your zoning requirements. A lot of places here have a 4 or 5 child limit in on in-home care so you might want to look into it.
Yeah, it is kind of along those lines. I needed just for them to talk to me I needed $250,000 - $300,000. I can handle that financially Matt and I have been saving for a long time for this. But then he told me that I’m going to need all that extra money….oh boy I had to pick my jaw up off the desk.

But back to the other statement, I have checked into keeping kids, and I do keep two others kids besides my daughter, but since I’m in a residential neighborhood, I would have to apply to the County set, Which is $300 to apply. Then wait for that to go threw, then I would have to go before the County Judge (magistrate) and pay the fees associated with that, then go before a state court judge and pay any fees associated with that Judge and the ruling to turn my house’s zone papers from residential to commercial. The cost of all that was going to be around $1,000. I know that is a drop in the bucket compared to the other money but of that $1,000 I wasn’t going to get any of that money back. The money that I was applying for (the million dollars) I was going to get in grants.

If I go non-profit then I can qualify for even more money and turn my center into the best thing in my county. And that is what I’m after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Congrats to Bulldog about the teaching!
Thanks honey – bunny. Good job on your numbers and your new job.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky