View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 09:51 PM   #42
Spiwak
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
This reminds me of Dogmeat following you around in Fallout. I loved that doggy, but at some point I just couldn't continue without him getting killed. It was a sad moment, but the plentiful loot helped me heal my emotional wounds.
I wasgonna say the same thing. I almost thought when he was talking vaguely about the important gaming moments that he was going to say something about Dogmeat because I think that really is a big memory for those that played Fallout. I like where this idea is going. ICO/SotC had the companion aspect and they both worked perfectly for those seemingly simple games, but to see the potential for a well-integrated companion in an RPG is pretty cool. Replacing the mini-map is an awesome idea (I'm guessing there's some way to tell him where you want to go?), and the scouting and even the fighting. Doesn't feel like an RPG party so much as a companion you ought to look out for. I like that.

I also wonder if you can get another dog if you decide to ditch it or if it dies, or if it even can die.