View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 04:25 PM   #666
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
Oblivion is "RPG Light", created for the console generation. Game developers do not have high thoughts about console gamers and their intellect and this really shows in Oblivion...

As a 21 year roleplaying veteran, Oblivion looked absolutely stunning, and it might pass for a medieval fantasy simulation, but it's a weak RPG that simply fades next to legends like Planescape Torment, Throne of Bhaal, the Gothic series etc.
You know, JemyM, if I may be frank, that's one of the most insensitively snobbish and thoughtlessly dismissive remarks I've heard here in a long time. Who are you to insinuate that I and many others who play Oblivion are not thought of as highly as PC gamers?

You're 21 alright. And I'm 40 years old, have a Fine Arts degree, have lived twice as long as you, experienced as much in my life,, played games on the original Atari 2600 and Intellivision, and many people who CHOOSE to play these kinds of games on console have their reasons. Just because you've played some of the great games in this particular genre shouldn't mean you should belittle intelligent people like me who are also a very powerful force in the market for video games. I for one AM NOT SORRY that I don't meet YOUR standards.

I'm sick of these high nosed PC gaming snobs thinking they're god's gift to the gaming world.

Aren't you guys here sick of it too?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien