View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 07:47 PM   #14
eXo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMK2901 View Post
Probably because Gabriel Knight isn't as old as the other games...I believe GK3 was Sierra's last adventure game (quite a good note to end on, actually).

I always found it a bit ironic that GK3 showed so much innovation and had so many ideas for how adventure gaming could successfully leap to 3D in the future, yet it was the last game they made. Think about it! They used that G-Engine for ONE adventure game and then buried it in the company archives. What a waste of excellent technology! I mean, can you imagine if they'd continually updated that engine and licensed it? The current version would be incredible.

...sorry about that. Anyway, a Gabriel Knight collection would also eat up 10 cds...probably a few more than the other collections. Lord knows that a GK DVD would limit their market and cost too much extra.

But it really is stupid of them...its frustrating for me to see they have this content, this award-winning, beloved, content they could easily profit from, but they completely ignore it. A GK collection could catch eyes with all the awards its won.
First off.. I have to disagree that GK3 was a 'successful' example of a 3d adventure game. The graphics were horrid, the lighting nonexistant, and everything looked very bland. The story was great - but the game would have been much better if it hadn't been forced into that 3d mold.

Second, If you go back and read the thread you'd see that only 3 posts ago I already mentioned the 10 cd requirement.

Third - when vivendi went to re-release those old games they only did it due to the fact they all ran in dosbox. They purposefully left out games that were windows based (lsl6 talkie, kq7 win, kq6 win [with high res portraits], and even totally leaving out lsl7).

Considering that gk1 is the only game dosbox could have run, that doesn't equal much of a collection by itself now does it?