View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 08:18 PM   #29
Ninja Dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
... which is exactly what's wrong with the world. They're the sort of people that with their narrow minded views are doing theirs to make the world a worse place than it already is.
That said, there are of course things that are much worse. But it's just that as Feisar said, it's this sort of uncompromising, black and white thinking that, though generally not the initial cause, is what keeps all the conflicts in this world going.

I am not Christian-bashing though. I am an atheist myself but I fully respect others for having differing beliefs. I also know several Christians personally that are very open-minded and to which my comments in no way apply.

Fundamentalism in any form always leads to suffering. From your description though, remixor, I wouldn't class your aunt and uncle as such at all. To me the difference lies in how pushy people are. Someone who ask me if I'm religious and when I say no, asks "Well aren't you afraid of hell then?" I would kindly suggest to go that way themselves if I believed in such a thing. But anyone who is able to respect differing beliefs and opinions is not a fundamentalist.