View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 10:41 PM   #29
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litrick View Post
I dont think the graphics will vary dramatically between the beta and the final release. Betas are usually very close to final realeases. Some minmal changes may be made performance wise, and a few more details/effects added, but it is going to take a hell of lot more than that to stop this looking as unimpressive as it does currently.
This is not the beta of the whole game, just the beta of the multiplayer component, and the game is still at least 4 months away from its release. That said, I don't think it will change dramatically, but I don't think it needs to either.

Quote:
Secondly, my point about thinking it bizzare microsoft would not want to use their premiere killer app to showcase the system graphically is an opinion i am entitled to
Halo 3 is keeping with the style of previous Halo games and we don't know whether it will end up a graphical showcase. Microsoft representatives have been known to claim Halo 3 will be among the most impressive looking games on the market when it comes out. Also, the 1UP crew has been shown a tiny bit of single player footage months ago and in one of 1UP Yours podcasts they claimed it would make people say "Gears of what?"

Most of all, I think it's unfair to proclaim a game a disappointment before it's even finished, especially in the light of the recent Too Human controversy.