View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #23
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owskie View Post
With such the focus on graphics now days, even more of the game loses greatness. maybe this will mean halo 3 will be good? It still doesnt make Halo an inovative or original game by any means.
I vehemently disagree with a lot of what you've said, but I'm not going to argue about it because I've done that many times in the past. I just want to stress that in many ways Halo was an innovative game in its genre. Recharging shield and reliance on grenades and melee combat gave its gameplay a very unique flair (which has been copied many times since then). And that's without even mentioning its console-specific innovations, such as nailing down the FPS control scheme and setting the bar for online multiplayer (Halo 2).

Nobody, and I mean nobody expects Halo 3 to be revolutionary or hugely innovative. All it needs to be is a spectacular and satisfying conclusion to the story arc and a somewhat refreshed and finely tuned successor to Halo 2 on the multiplayer front.

Quote:
Remember Deus Ex? ... ok awesome
Now Remember Deus Ex 2? yea...
Actually, I recently finished both and I found Deus Ex: Invisible War a better game than what some people give it credit for. In some respects it's even better than Deus Ex, in some it's worse and in some it's just different.