View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 02:55 AM   #11
eriq
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
Maybe, thing is though is it's technically not an original game, just a money spinning remake.
LOL. That's ridiculous. I would hardly call revisiting this particular classic a "money spinning remake." You obviously haven't done your research. Everything that made the original spectacular is even better here. Take the new engine, updated locations and puzzles, and all of the amazing new movement mechanics, and you've got a VERY cool revisiting of a masterpiece. This is not your typical remake. The same way Sierra's revisiting of Quest for Glory 1 VGA with enhanced clay animation and hand-painted backgrounds made a faithful and exciting NEW experience, Tomb Raider Anniversary's update will do the same.

Tomb Raider Legend was a masterpiece - especially the bonus secret area puzzles in Lara's mansion.. many of which could ONLY be opened after you gained new abilities and moves. I was totally into this game. It's only natural the team involved has chosen to update the original game. They're talented and they've got all the elements necessary to successfully bring the old into the new - why not do it? I, for one, can't WAIT.

GREAT graphics and sound. I recently went back to play using my 8800GTX card and played it in 2560x1600 if you can imagine. Pretty unbelievable.

THUMBS AND BOOBS UP!

Last edited by eriq; 05-12-2007 at 03:08 AM.