View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #2536
Panthera
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I just saw Dreamgirls, and I loved it!

The songs were great, and the actors portrayed their roles very good, even though I though it was too few nuances. It also doesn't give you much explanation about what's going on, but I actually thought it was a fresh breath from so many Hollywood movies that shove the plot down your throat every time they can.

The voices were very good, Beyonce gave a good performance, and respectable singing, and was even allowed to show what she could really do in one of her last songs.

A real surprise for me was "Effie", I haven't paid any attention to American Idol, so I'd never seen or heard about her before, but god that girl can sing! Her voice was one of the most amazing I've heard the past years, and it really hit home.

I had no problems with the mass of songs or the intertwined lyrics and lines, and just enjoyed it, with my heart in my throat, and trying to hold back the tears the whole way through.

I was in the mood for a musical drama when I started to see it, and that's probably one of the reasons for why I loved it so much. I think it's a movie you need to be in a special mood to enjoy, but when you do, you'll enjoy it immensely, even though the characters arn't that well developed, and the story might be a bit hard to follow some places (It always explains itself though).

9/10

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery