View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
ATMachine
Retired Buccaneer

I don't know what the AG mods have to say about this request, but if you want to prove your sincerity, the best option is probably to take a photo of your CD next to today's newspaper.

KQ5 floppy and KQ6 both have interesting differences from the CD releases. KQ5 on disk, besides not having the awful voices, also has a different icon-bar interface than the CD version, with lots of extra icons (some totally unnecessary). It was Sierra's first try at point-and-click, and it shows; the interface was simplified and streamlined in later games, as well as in the CD rerelease.

KQ6 has a different cut of the intro, with certain animations being simpler than in the CD version (although in one case there's an animated sequence that was omitted for the CD). The intro does have digitized voice, but not by the CD's actors. Also, the icon bar and menus are drawn differently in the disk and CD versions, though they serve exactly the same functions in both. (And in my opinion, they're much uglier in the disk version.)

If you want the KQ6 floppy version just to see the alternate intro, I'd recommend you instead search the Web for the original KQ6 demo, which was actually comprised of the disk version intro, split off from the game.