View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 09:58 PM   #2486
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
"Equilibirum", well not really. After about fifty or so minutes I switched channels. You do the maths.
You certainly missed out. Equilibrium is an absolute gem. If you're any kind of cynic you have to watch this film just to see how hilarious it is. To cap if off afterwards, google some true fan websites for it (Gunkata ). Piss yourself laughing. There's enough to it to keep you watching, I felt.

As mentioned earlier, there is NOTHING in UltraViolet to make you last the distance, not even for how terrible it is (believe it or not I did sit through it). I'm not surprised to learn of a director's cut. I could not believe how horridly edited the 'theatrical' cut is. Its like there are whole chunks of the film missing and scenes are often out of order.

I've just watched (again, the first time I was much younger) The Draughtsman's Contract. Its probably the most tame (and straightforward) Peter Greenaway film I've seen and certainly not my favourite anymore. I had fond memories of it I've now spoilt, I always remembered it as more raunchy and excessive but I was something like 13 that first time.