View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:59 AM   #9
MasterLoo

"A couple of people commented on installing games on a pc. yep, usually its not hard, but it sometimes can be. Like when i got farcry for example:"

It's getting increasingly more difficult these days. The main reason is that there is such a waste variety of hardware, that it's hard to make a game that acts and behaves the same on all types of hardware. With a console, you know everybody got the same hardware, and thus it's easier to make sure it runs the same way on all the consoles of this type.

On a PC, there's always a chance you might end up sitting for hours trying to find out why the game runs slow on exactly your PC, while it runs fine on everybody elses PC, or why your game crashes regulary... or whatever.... So yeah, the console simplifies, but also takes away your chance to replace hardware or upgrade it in anyway - thus the producer of your console, and the developers of games for it, decides when you can no longer get games for it. With a PC, you can upgrade your PC and keep playing both your old and the coming games on it(as long as you can find an emulator, usually). It's those people who love the console who try these days to turn the PC into a machine you never have to open - you just plug everything in externally, and never have to open the PC physically. This is for sure a crime against nature, and I doubt any true PC lover would ever have bought such a PC.

I love the PC because then I know I can keep playing all those old games I got on the shelf. If I had bought a console, I would have needed to have like 5 consoles just to play all my games. That seems like a waste of space to me, and I would probably have ended up selling most of my games and the consoles. I'm just too nostalgic to ever appreciate an console.