View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 08:56 PM   #5
CMK2901
Sierra Fanatic

That seems a bit harsh, but if it's your opinion, so it goes.

Personally, I found Legend to be an incredible experience. The puzzles may have been dumbed down a bit, but the entire game sort of placed the emphasis more on a fast-paced, action-packed experience; it seemed to me to be mirroring action movies and possibly channeling Indiana Jones. And I certainly got more into this story than the last few (though the end of Revelations was very shocking to me at the time).

As for controls...idk, I did have some trouble getting the configuration how I wanted it, but once i did, I was moving through those levels and up those walls like I owned the place. There were a lot of nice touches to keep the actions interesting; hitting triangle in time with her movements so she moved faster or didn't fall to her death kept me more alert than the previous "hold x and right arrow for 5 minutes" technique.

Honestly, I'd say this game improved and freshened the formula in just about every way...really, the only think I didn't like was that the cool death animations were replaced with the rag-doll effect.

And the next game, from the preview section of my PSM, is a remake and extension of the original, so you can expect the difficult puzzles to make a glorious return; PSM seemed quite excited about the game after play-testing it.

So, in my most John Maddenish tone: "If you don't like the games, maybe they aren't for you."