View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 07:16 AM   #22
eriq
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMWEB
WME is a more powerful tool in my point of view.
There is a "clunky" feeling I get with the AGS system. It's definetely workable but the WME engine seems to be "smoother". I did, however, LOVE the Tierra King's Quest remakes and those were programmed in AGS right? It's definetely the engine for Sierra-type games. It's obvious in the right hands, each engine is capable of doing pretty much anything you want.

Since I'd like to replicate the interface and general air of Curse of Monkey Island as closely as possible, WME seems to be the direction I'm going. I especially like the 8 direction movement in the demo as well as the colored lighting. I am definetely after the coin interface and if WME offers a way to program this easily, I may end up using it. In the shipped demo with WME, there's no "game options" panel. Can you program one of these or does it ship with options to do so? How can you have the player adjust the sound and speed options within the game?

Which system offers better audio options? Or are the audio options generally the same across the board? I know AGS let's you do some cool stuff. How is something like Panning and Fading achieved in WME and does it support room specific mp3's and crossfading effects like LucasArts iMuse?

I'll have to keep playing and see what happens. Thanks for all the input though guys! It's great to see such a flourishing community. Tell me more. Tell me more!