View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #1037
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

U.C. Berkeley

Oh, yeah. Thanks, LOL! Hope you do quite well with your exams, but I'm sure you will with your smarts.

Broadband's been inconsistent, of course, since I'm on the move; at least I can find pockets of free wi fi in the city. Currently staying at J's and will do so til I go back to L.A. (*sigh* I really don't want to go back, but the only reason I'm there is Nanay, and I've happy to be with her, she's happy where she is, so I'm fine with that). I was even scouting craigslist just now window shopping for a tiny little studio. There's one in the Mission district, one area I'd love to live in, for $800, with a little shared garden. Many of the affordable ones are in the Tenderloin, a rather seedy area just west of Union Square downtown. It's full of a great variety of people, from crazy homeless types who walk funny and talk to themselves, to the colourful old residents who've lived there for years thanks to rent control, the aggressive transvestites who strut around in the evenings, the Chinese and Vietnamese shop and restaurant owners, and the bewildered tourists who walked a little too far from the sites they were supposed to see.

Tonight I made us quiche Alsacienne with a side of green salad with vinaigrette, accompanied by a bottle of Zinfandel, and for dessert Ben & Jerry's 'Everything But The...' ice cream. Whoah fattening!

Tomorrow I go poke around U.C. Berkeley campus where J works and we'll meet for lunch before I head back into S.F. to meet T for tikki bar hopping.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 04-19-2007 at 10:28 PM.