View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 07:53 AM   #1023
Jelena
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
What are you going to plant, Jelena?
(I like anything that grows from a bulb or tuber, but Paperwhite Narcissus and Cannas are personal favorites.
Four-o-clocks are nice too, because even though they're annuals they will re-seed themselves and come back every year.)
I haven't decided all of it yet, but I think there'll be some sedum-plants to cover the ground, Marigolds and my favourites: Sunrise orange with Eye

Most of my flowerbeds have perennial plants that pretty much take care of them selves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
That maybe all that is happening with your dog, she has gotten a little older and she sees those dogs in her area and she’s telling those dogs that she is in control.

I know that you don’t like to see her react like that but she was doing what she thought was best to protect her house and her owner. My dog Bull is a loving dog like Jaffa, but if he feels like someone is coming to close to the house that shouldn’t be there he will chase after them as well. She is protecting you the same way that protect her.
Bulldog, I think and hope you are right about Jaffa's reaction. And since she's never got a chance to establish who's the dominante dog with those dogs it unfortunately had to come to this demonstration of power.
There are always lots of dogs passing our house while she's outside but since she "knows" them, there's never a problem.