View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 05:39 AM   #1022
bulldog
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
My flowerbeds are mainly soil right now since what I did was to remove a lot of old plants which had tons of weed roots in them. Now I've dug deep and replaced the soil with fresh soil without any weeds. I'll plant some flowers when the temperature allows it.
It’s nice that you can garden, I tried to have a garden one time, and it failed miserably. I’ll leave the growing to everyone else and just admire their work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
Suddenly she runs out on the street and start barking at two dogs that were passing with their elderly owner that I chat with almost daily. A nice old man who owns two (elderly) dogs which he uses or used, I'm not sure, for hunting.
What upset me so much is that Jaffa reacted aggressively. I've never seen her like that before. And as much as I understand that she wanted to tell those old barking dogs off when they were close to her turf, I don't like that she actually attacked.
I thought about you and your dog last night, you know she might sense that the dogs are getting older and she might be trying to show dominance over them. I could be way out in left field about all of that, I’m just trying to relate her with my dog. We had a neighborhood dog “Dudley” that everyone took care of and feed, his owners took him for shots and that was about it. But when we moved into the neighborhood he would come over and my dog Bull would play with him. Once Bull got older he would try and challenge Dudley and Dudley would put him in his place, like a pecking order so to speak. That maybe all that is happening with your dog, she has gotten a little older and she sees those dogs in her area and she’s telling those dogs that she is in control.

I know that you don’t like to see her react like that but she was doing what she thought was best to protect her house and her owner. My dog Bull is a loving dog like Jaffa, but if he feels like someone is coming to close to the house that shouldn’t be there he will chase after them as well. She is protecting you the same way that protect her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
What are you going to plant, Jelena?
(I like anything that grows from a bulb or tuber, but Paperwhite Narcissus and Cannas are personal favorites.
My favorites are lilies; I love all kinds of lilies

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky