View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 04:55 AM   #1
MikaelS
King Silly

Default What makes adventure game good for you?

Simply, let's add on this topic some reasonings what you like in your favourite adventure games and what you feel ever AG should have. I'll start:

- Good main character you can perhaps relate to. Sense of humor and witty sarcasm is always a plus.
- Bad voice acting can always put you off or kill the feeling, so be careful when you choose actor/s.
- Music obviously has to be good and suit the atmosphere.
- For me personally, I feel that EVERY adventure game should have a strong presence of good, adult sense of humor! It spices things up a lot.
- Also my personal view, but too many MECHANICAL PUZZLES are lame. That's why, eventhough I liked Syberias, they never were 'great' to me.
- this might sounds weird, but I like it when main characters travel a lot around the world like in Indiana Jones and Broken Swords to different, and perhaps excotic locations. It makes things more exciting and less boring.
- no annoying sneaking too much or time limits. They should be kept in games of other genre. This made Dreamfall a big disappointment for me. On small amounts such as in Broken Sword 1, it's ok, but too much is too much, and fro example there was too much in BS3 and BS4. If you wanna play sneaking game, go buy metal gear solid or something, but in my opinion mixing sneaking and adventure is a bad idea.
- Woman/heroine with a sharp tongue... like Nico from Broken Swords. They make things funnier.

I'll stop for now and let you give your opinions.