View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #13
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw
I always thought it was funny how people who prove that something can't exist that couldn't be proven to exist to begin with.
If that comment is about Dawkins then I'm afraid you're mistaken.
Quote:
Oh and true Communism by it's definition is Athiest
What?
Quote:
Their are athiests using the courts to harass Christians
Where?
Quote:
and the REAL reason that their is a huge AIDS problem in Africa is that the established traditional means of birth control is anal sex which by the way raises your chances of infection expotentially(something to do with blood, I'll have to look it up again)
Anal sex has a higher rate of infection. Expotentially... huh? The practice is taboo in most African countries, so I'd also like to see some evidence for the popularity of the practice. Condom use is low in these countries, and the Catholic church tells people it's a sin, doesn't seem unreasonable to assume it has an effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Ah, yes... that would be the position that he does sod all in because he's far too busy pissing on religion at every available opportunity.
Because he has written one book out of, what? Four books in the last decade that isn't about furthering the public understanding of science, although it contains quite a lot of science. Not including text books, and similar works he co-writes or edits. Not to mention the essays, lectures, and interviews.

Of course, someone who doesn't know that he never says God doesn't exist, but only that it's irrational to believe a deity exists without evidence, probably hasn't actually listened to him or read his works.

Last edited by Aj_; 04-08-2007 at 04:20 PM.