View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:37 PM   #11
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
I am a firm believer in a God (Though I cannot find any established religion that does not go against it's core beliefs in one way or another. Truly disappointing) and do not mind the fact that others lack the faith I have. The fact though is when the atheistic groups try to force their beliefs on others they become no better than the groups they are against.
Well, I could counter by asking if there are any atheist lobbyists in Congress, if there are atheists harassing people on the street with soapboxes and megaphones, if there are tele-atheists broadcasting to millions to send them money or else they'll do something extreme*, if there is actually an atheist college that requires admittants to sign a contract accepting its ideas and then grooms its student body specifically to apply its fundamentals, graduate, and infiltrate Congress, Capital Hill, and the White House with aides and other staff**, if there are atheist missionaries preaching to uneducated and uninformed sub-Saharan African villagers to NOT use condoms, while 4 million people all around the country are dropping like flies from AIDS every year***.

I mean, I'm not at all trying to be nasty here, but sooner or later you do have to ask yourself: How much damage and bloodshed over millenia have atheists caused compared to Christianity, Islam, or Communism (which is really basically a political religion and one in which, as Carl Jung pointed out, God was conveniently replaced by the masses)?

* Oral Roberts actually did that except he threatened that God will kill him if he didn't raise enough money. He raked in millions on top of the already existing millions his audience poured over him.

** Oh yes, there is such a college, except it's a Christian institution. It's called Patrick Henry College, located in Virginia.

*** The Vatican strictly condemns abortion, thus the missionaries, who are so far the ONLY source of information on preventitive measures for these African villagers, instruct them to avoid condoms and abstain from sex, and that's after they tell them about the virgin birth of Jesus.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien